Can we still link to eBay items in FSOT?

Angus' mummy

Super Moderator
If you have something listed on EBay, they don't allowing to sell elsewhere and class it as off EBay trading... the trigger is receiving a message on EBay then ending an item early. For that reason I would be tempted not to link...and there are rules on when you can end an auction early so it couldbe easy to get into a pickle... people do list on more than one site, but the EBay bots are very keen.

As for NM rules, let me just go and look for you.

Angus' mummy

Super Moderator
Okay, the NM rules say it is not permitted to advertise FSOT items for sale outside of FSOT.

But... I believe this means in other sections on Nms rather than on other sites. There is a specific thread to link to EBay auctions, so it must be permissible under NM rules.

LittleKatie

Perfectly Natural
Thread starter #5
Thank you lovely. For the first time yesterday eBay popped up with a personal link to my listing to share which made me wonder. It said you get your fees refunded if you sell via that link, never happened before.

Angus' mummy

Super Moderator
Thank you lovely. For the first time yesterday eBay popped up with a personal link to my listing to share which made me wonder. It said you get your fees refunded if you sell via that link, never happened before.
Ah, that must be some new fangled idea they are trialling.

The sale must complete on EBay though, otherwise you will get in trouble with them. (Ebay rule not NMs)

Last edited: