Hi

MissK

Fresh as a daisy
Thread starter #1
Hi, I have only just come accross this group and glad I have. It's very refreshing to see groups for like minded natural parenting mamma's!! :)
I seem to be the only mum in my area who has taken a natural approach which I find very disheartening and also means I have nobody to relate to and chat with (all friends with children have very different modern day views and opinions).
I am currently breastfeeding my first baby (13 months old) and looking forward to hearing everyones stories and advice! :)

poppypie

Perfectly Natural
Hi there welcome in, where abouts are you? Sometimes it feels as if us like minded parents are few and far between, but once you ind one they all come out the woodwork, a sling library or breastfeeding group is a good place to start to find them x

MissK

Fresh as a daisy
Thread starter #5
Hi there welcome in, where abouts are you? Sometimes it feels as if us like minded parents are few and far between, but once you ind one they all come out the woodwork, a sling library or breastfeeding group is a good place to start to find them x
Thankyou :) I will be looking into those, I do feel rather lonely and estranged amongst all the other mums!
I am in Barnsley, South Yorkshire

Riikkapooh

Naturally fantastic moderator. Wishful thinking
Staff member
Hello and welcome.

How lovely!

I remember it well, being 21 and with my first baby and the only person who breastfed past first week and many other different routes I took. I think this has slightly changed but not hugely around here.

Angus' mummy

Super Moderator
Thankyou :) I will be looking into those, I do feel rather lonely and estranged amongst all the other mums!
I am in Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Hello, I used to work in Barnsley, and now live over the hill in Glossop.

There used to be a lovely sling meet that meets at Jolly Tots in Penistone. I am going back a while though, as mine are older now.

MissK

Fresh as a daisy
Thread starter #11
Hello, I used to work in Barnsley, and now live over the hill in Glossop.

There used to be a lovely sling meet that meets at Jolly Tots in Penistone. I am going back a while though, as mine are older now.
Oh I didn't realise they had one there! I have been once for a birthday party so I will look into that, thankyou! :)

MissK

Fresh as a daisy
Thread starter #12
Hello and welcome.

How lovely!

I remember it well, being 21 and with my first baby and the only person who breastfed past first week and many other different routes I took. I think this has slightly changed but not hugely around here.
It seems to be the same here too, I know 2 people who breastfed the first few days-a week but the rest never wanted to give it a try so have ff from birth.
I think there's a lot of misunderstanding and lack of education
Hello and welcome.

How lovely!

It seems to be the same here as other than my mum I don't know anybody at all who has breastfed (a couple have expressed for the first few days-couple of weeks before moving to formula), they all seem to choose formula right from the start. There is definitely a huge lack of education on the subject in this area though sadly.
People think I'm mad for doing things differently to them (BF, co-sleeping, nutrition, health care, positive parenting etc) so it's so lovely to read through this group and finally having people to relate to! :)