Is there a flagging problems thread?

WendyArmitage

Perfectly Natural
I don’t seem to receive the nightly emails with updates to Fairy house etc that I used to get on the previous site. Apologies if I’ve missed an announcement about this, is there a way for me to get notifications again? Thank you
All my notifications are going to my junk mail

WendyArmitage

Perfectly Natural
Is the swear filter different on this forum? I've noticed a few words that previously would have been starred out have popped in! They are the "milder" words or ones that are just letters in longer words so I wondered if the filter was different or had been mislaid in the move?

Justienuff

Naturally Fantastic Moderator. Work in progress.
I suspect it’s not been set yet as each word will need adding so it will be a job on the list.

Anne

Admin
Staff member
Had a look and the swear filter was a feature in the previous software - I think it is possible to instigate a swear filter but would require a bit more work so keen to hear opinions as to whether we need one or not ( fwiw I have received more complaints about the swear filter making some innocuous words hard than we have ever needed to add words to the swear filter or complaints about swear words) Personally I am happy to see how we do without one.

Angus' mummy

Super Moderator
I thank you. I may have to use my newly found watre slide transfer skills to label the back of it "The original **ck hanger"

WendyArmitage

Perfectly Natural
I think that as we are all adults, the swear filter isn't necessary as long as people don't use swear words to insult each other (in which case we probably don't want those people here anyway!). But I know we have strong opinions at both ends of the spectrum for words like c**t - those that think it's the worst word ever and others that think it's a great word.
My opinion is that we leave it without the filter for now and see if it becomes necessary

Anne_P

Perfectly Natural
I have noticed that when you hightlight a section of text (eg to delete it), you cannot see the highlight as the colour of the highlight is the same as the page colour. Not a big issue, but for a while I though I couldn't delete in bulk.
This is bugging me (sorry) just wondering if it will be addressed or if other "styles" have more obvious highlighting? I'm on NMcommunity Style according to the bottom of my page. The page appears white and the highlight a barely-visible pink?
Using Chrome on a Mac.

Angus' mummy

Super Moderator
This is bugging me (sorry) just wondering if it will be addressed or if other "styles" have more obvious highlighting? I'm on NMcommunity Style according to the bottom of my page. The page appears white and the highlight a barely-visible pink?
Using Chrome on a Mac.
I think links are hard to see too.