Would it be wrong / unethical / bad karma ...

Anne_P

Perfectly Natural
Thread starter #1
To buy bundles of baby clothes from (for example) a facebook buy/sell page, then split the bundle and sell on ebay by item/outfit, hoping to make a profit? Or is that just good business sense? :unsure:

I feel like selling hand-me-downs would be bad karma though.

Gnomes

I don't think so!
I often buy things in a charity shop and sell on for a profit.
I have sold on hand me downs too. I wouldn't care if anyone sold things I gave them so I don't mind doing it either. Happens rarely though and only for good quality stuff :)
PS I pass on lots of hand me downs and add extra too so it's not like I sell everything!

Justienuff

Naturally Fantastic Moderator. Work in progress.
I don't care what happens to my stuff once it leaves the house. I would check the value of baby stuff though. You may find that there's not a huge amount of profit in it. If it's stuff that's given away then I think it can be a bit more cheeky (not that I would care with my stuff) but bought stuff there's no issue imo. You bought it. It's yours and you can choose to do what you want with it.

Mary B

Perfectly Natural
if you have the time to put the effort in, do it. I never had the time and was happy to give bundles of things away to someone who did. def launder and double check for stains though!

joeyjo

Perfectly Natural
Not unethical but hard to make any money! Most of what I put in bundles or on FB is stuff that has failed to sell on eBay. You really need branded items Jojo, frugi, PoP etc. Next & John Lewis do ok but forget mothercare (unless little bird) and M&S, even Debenhams designers and boots are disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anne_P

Perfectly Natural
Thread starter #6
Well I'm taking a plunge! I've just ordered a small bundle of boring white 0-3 month baby clothes, I've got some more dye to play with, and who knows - I might even sell them :laugh:

I want to tie-dye some bigger vests for DS anyway, the bunch I just got him (and already dyed!!) aren't noticeably bigger than the ones he's been wearing, and I cba with vest extenders.