At Natural Mamas Big Camp 2013 we had a wonderful Babywearing quiz put together by Emma and Helen. They are putting together a new quiz for 2014 and have shared the quiz from last year with us! Feel free to use the quiz at a meet or library!
Big Camp Babywearing Quiz 2013
1. What blend was Didymos’ one-off red/white fish?
2. What colours are in Kokadi’s Cockatoo?
3. What year was Didymos founded?
4. What was Oscha’s first release after the prototypes?
5. In which country are Girasol woven?
6. What animal appears in the Natibaby logo?
7. What does t.i.c.k.s stand for?
8. What is a traditional African baby carrier called?
9. What weight per sq meter was Pavo Penumbra Syzygy?
10. How many different colourways of Didymos millefiori are there?
11. What country are Ellevill wraps from?
12. What colours are in Ellevill lemon grass?
13. Why the name Oscha?
14. Which brand of ssc is most commonly counterfeited?
15. Which of the following is NOT a colourway of Natibaby swallows? Blue/red, blue/yellow, blue/
16. Which carrier makers have the following as their ‘trademark’?
a.) “sister straps”?
b.) diamond-shaped topstitching?
c.) “infinity straps”?
d.) “fat cat straps” and “paws out padding”?
17. What is the traditional snack to be eaten in large quantities at any UK sling meet?
18. Who is credited with the invention of the modern ring sling?
19. Which wrap was sent to the royals as a gift for their new baby?
And, for a bonus point, what wrap was Wibke wearing when she met Kate in 2012?
20. Which company’s wraps are woven in the same factory as fashion designers Versace and
21. Liberty and linger are colourways of which wrap? (Make and pattern for point).
22. What percent silk is the tri-blend Didymos indio ice blue?
23. What was the name of Oscha’s first hemp blend?
24. What is a double hammock also know as?
25. Name the 3 patterns from Diva Milano’s launch “lace” collection? (3 points available)
26. What does JPMBB stand for?
27. What is a traditional Peruvian baby carrying cloth called?
28. “From late May this fertile plain beside the sea bursts into bloom and a glorious meadow is
created.” What line of wraps did this inspire?
29. Who weaves the Vatanai pamirs?
30. What’s another, more ‘Welsh’ term for the Welsh shawl baby carrier?
31. What was the Natural Mama’s forum originally called?
32. In which decade did Didymos use orange tags on their wraps?
33. What colour weft is ‘azerfan’?
34. In what year did Ellevill wraps first go on sale?
35. What is the origin of the name of the Didymos Nino wraps?
36. When was the first Kokadi released?
37. Spell Storchenwiege.
38. Aga Lipinska is better known as…?
39. Which 7 patterns featured on Didymos Time Travel? (half a point for each correct plus an extra
bonus half if get all 7 —4 max)
40. What do RRRR and DRS2S stand for?
TIE-BREAKER: YOU HAVE ONE MINUTE TO WRITE DOWN THE NAMES OF AS MANY OF DIDYMOS’ FISHY
WRAPS AS YOU CAN THINK OF! GO!!
And if you want to know more about Big Camp check out our dedicated website www.bigcamp.co.uk where tickets are available right now! Our 4th Big Camp will run from 25-27 July near Banbury, Oxfordshire.
Ready for the answers? Download them : babywearing quiz main question and answer sheet2