All houses need rules to make sure there can be harmony.
We reserve the right to edit or delete posts as we see fit. Moderator decisions are final and will not be discussed. Offenders may be given a temporary or permanent ban. All content placed on the site by you is placed there voluntarily and becomes part of the community.
- Respect is the key word. We all prefer to be treated with respect and ask that everyone on the forum extends that courtesy to others (including your hosts). Most of our rules revolve around respect!
- The UK has very strict libel laws; please make sure your posts cannot be construed as libel.
- Mind your language. We are a forum for adults but we believe the English language has enough words with which to express yourself without resorting to profanities.
- Only one account per person. It is important for everyone to know to whom they are speaking.
- As a UK based forum we ask that all posts are made in English.
- Please do not use the Natural Mamas name elsewhere without prior permission.
We cannot and do not review every post before it appears on the site. If Natural Mamas Moderators / Administrators notice or are made aware of a post that contravenes these rules, we reserve the right to amend or remove the post.
We encourage you to contact us if you feel a post violates these rules. Please click the Report Post icon/link to let us know.
You are responsible for the content of your posts and Natural Mamas does not accept any liability for the content or accuracy of your messages. Natural Mamas reserves the right to republish any material you submit.
The For Sale or Trade rules:
Natural Mamas does not accept liability or responsibility for FSOT transactions – they are private transactions between individuals.
- FSOT is only for private transactions. If you are a vendor, please review our vendor guidelines below.
- Only sell items that are in your possession and make sure your post contains all relevant information: price, description of items, and a picture where possible.
- All items for sale must have a price.
- If your item is for trade only, please ensure that you list it in the For Trade Only forum.
- Legal and decent items only please.
- No items with an expiration date or livestock.
- It is not permitted to advertise your FSOT items outside of the FSOT boards. The only exception is the “stash watch” thread in General Babywearing.
PayPal fees can be covered by either the buyer or seller. The parties involved in a transaction should agree this between themselves away from the public forum. Any mention of fees unless to confirm they are included is no longer allowed.
- Natural Mamas does not endorse the sale of any goods whether new or second hand that are full or partial copies of designs that are protected by others. If you see a listing that advertises such an item please report it so that it can be removed as soon as possible.
- Only 2 active threads per member are permitted in FSOT Anything Else.
We welcome WAHMs (Work at Home Mums) on our forum and have advertising opportunities which can be found here. If you want to advertise on the board please use these opportunities and do not spam.
- Please do not start threads about products you make or sell. You can reply to threads asking for information if the reply is informative and does not specifically promote your product.
- Please link to your website in your signature. This makes it clear who you are and what you do and it is a great way to advertise your site for free!
You sell rainbow coats in your online children’s clothing store.
Ellen posts to ask whether rainbow coats are waterproof or whether it is better to buy a storm coat
Allowed: Yes rainbow coats are waterproof.
Not Allowed: Yes rainbow coats are waterproof, I sell them here: LINK.
Not Allowed: Yes rainbow coats are waterproof. Storm coats are rubbish you should not buy one.
Advertising in The Local:
Local services, events and groups can now be advertised FREE of charge in “The Local” forums, providing they meet the conditions set out below:
- Any services, events and groups offered must be relevant to our audience and we reserve the right to remove threads and ask for services, events and groups not to be advertised on NM.
- Any services, events and groups advertised need to be locally based or advertised by a local organiser who has no direct affiliation with the company offering the service.
- Threads are not to be bumped more than once a week and no more than one thread per topic on the first page, if it is a slow board this means the thread title may have to be changed instead of starting a new thread.
- Voluntary donations for advertising in The Local can be made to [email protected]as.co.uk and if marked as voluntary donation they will be used towards the upkeep and running of SlingGuide.
- If you are not sure whether you are permitted to advertise, please just ask us first!
The Chat function allows you to access any chat rooms which are set up as well as allowing you to chat to members who you have indicated as friends through the friends facility. The friends facility has been activated as a trial period and may be de activated depending on feedback by members.
Natural Mamas Forum Rules also apply in Chat. Specifically we ask that you:-
- Treat each other with respect.
- Do not post about other users.
- Mind your language!
The chat service is not a monitored service unless we host a specific chat event with chat host who will guide the conversation. Access to the chat facility is a priviledge and users who abuse the system may be given a temporary or permanent ban from accessing this service. In extreme cases conduct through the chat facility may also impact on your membership of Natural Mamas.
The guidelines are a clarification of the rules and explain more about our forum ethos.
All posts on the Natural Mamas forum are based on personal experience and/or knowledge. We have a wealth of experience amongst our members which is often freely shared but it should never replace a professional opinion.
Respect and taking offence
We are a natural parenting forum but this does not mean that everyone on the forum does things in the exact same way. One of the reasons we can provide such a wealth of experience is that we all do things in our own unique way. Sometimes very similar to someone else’s way; sometimes very different.
When posting about your experiences and opinions it can be very helpful to make it clear that they are personal opinions and not facts.
It can be very difficult to read exactly how something is meant when it is written instead of spoken. If in doubt assuming no offence is meant is generally the easiest option.
Parenting choices can be emotive. As parents we can feel defensive of those choices, but if we can embrace the diversity that makes up our community and accept that no two parents are the same it will be a lot nicer community for all.
DIY items and WAHM selling
If you have made a carrier/coat/bag/etc for your own personal use, you may sell it as used on the general FSOT boards. You need to make sure that you are not using someone else’s design, and in the case of carriers clearly state that it is a DIY. We do not take any responsibility for DIY carriers sold or traded on the boards and buyers should satisfy themselves regarding safety.
WAHM can also sell their own used items on the general FSOT boards, but this is a privilege not a right and may be withdrawn at any point if it is abused.
Spam, linking to other sites and advertising
If you see a spam message please click on the report post button to report it so a moderator can remove the message and ban the spammer. We have various things in place to make it harder for spammers to register and post but some are very persistent.We make every effort to remove messages as soon as is possible and they should normally be removed within 24 hours. Please feel free to contact admin if this is not the case.
If you want to link to another website/forum you can do so as long as it supports your post in a positive way and it is not your own. Exceptions can be made and if you want to link to your non-commercial website in a post please contact admin for permission.
We have advertising opportunities available and you can find them here. If you have any questions about whether you will be allowed to post something please contact a moderator. Members who repeatedly promote a website may be asked to stop even if the website does not belong to them.
Libel, copyright and other boring legal stuff
The UK has very strict libel laws. Natural Mamas does not take responsibility for the contents of the posts of users but we do have a moral (and arguably legal) obligation to remove potentially libellous posts when they are reported as such. We understand that it can be hard to have a post removed but we would rather be safe than sorry. Having your post or thread removed does not mean we dislike you or even disagree with you.
We take copyright seriously and because of that we ask that you link to a source instead of quoting text or copying pictures that do not belong to you into your post. You can paraphrase or summarise the information you are linking to so members can easily decide if they want to click on the link.
Please do not use a username or avatar which is subject to copyright.
Natural Mamas will always co-operate in any way we can with the authorities if necessary. At the same time, we value your right to privacy and adhere to the Data Protection act so no information will be released without the proper channels being followed.
As per the rules, we ask that there is no swearing on the boards. We have a swear filter and ask that you do not attempt to get around it by using *s or spaces in swearwords.
The craft room is there for all our members to share their crafting projects. It is a natural progression that sometimes members will find that what they have made is very popular and they may want to start selling those items. If this happens to you,we ask that you contact a member of the Moderator team to have your initial thread(s) removed. We ask that you no longer post about items that you make for sale. You can still show off your other work as part of your forum experience. If we find that someone abuses this we may ask that member to refrain from posting in the craft room.